The EDC committee includes the Dean Faculty of Medicine, academic staff members from the medical faculties, a community leader, the director of the Ministry of Health Gezira state and a student. It meets twice per year. Its main functions are:
- Draw the general policy of work in the EDC.
- Identify the priority areas for the EDC activities.
- Set a plan for the EDC activities (courses workshops, fellowships, research, training etc..).
- Approve the EDC budget.
- Raise funds for the EDC activities.
- Establish and strengthens relations academic and health institutions nationally and internationally.
I. Curriculum Development and Evaluation Committee
1. Curriculum development
- Curriculum development of all health sciences institutions in universities and ministry of health.
- Regular periodical review of curriculum with the objectives of making changes to the better using evaluation results and community needs as a reference.
- Review of methods of instructions used and introducing new effective methods.
- Review of all educational resources (human-materials) and recommend new resources or update existing resources.
- Update references used in the educational process.
2. Students Assessment
- Observe that the methods of evaluation used in assessment of students conform strictly to the evaluation formats adopted by the faculty and university.
- Evaluate methods of assessment and calculate the Discriminating Index and Difficulty Index of examination items.
- Analysis of students results and interpret them.
- Recommend new evaluation methods.
3. Programme evaluation
- Monitor curriculum-courses- in respect to objectives, methods of instructions, resources and references using students feedback and coordinators observations.
- Conduct Regular periodic comprehensive Programme Evaluation.
- End of semester report : Prepare a report by end of semester about the students assessment and programme evaluation.
II. Research Committee
- Identify priority areas of research; health/medical sciences, medical education, health services, students projects in courses.
- Organize courses in research methodology.
- Provide technical advice and support for researchers (writing proposals, developing instruments, data collection, analysis, references search, typing, binding, publications.
- Encourage research by groups.
- Observe code of ethics in research.
III. Trianing and Continuing Proffessional Development Committee
- Identify priority areas of training, set objectives and define target groups (teaching staff, health workers , medicals,..etc.).
- Develops a clear progamme including an activities.
- Organize the following activities to achieve objectives: workshops, training courses, seminars, lectures, distant education.
- Produce manuals for health personnel.
- Issue a journal.
- Invite specialized societies to organize conferences and seminars.
- Awards certificates and degrees in medical education.
IV. Media Service and Technology Committee :
- Audiovisual unit
- Medical photography unit
- Design unit
- Computer unit